Saturday 3 March 2012

In the Name of Lent!!

I came across the idea behind LENT just recently when one of my colleagues declared that she has given up meat for Lent. It really fascinated me and I decided that I will join her even though I am not a Christian. So I have given up Cheese in the name of Lent!! So, 40 days without any cheese and I am happy that I have been successful for the past 10 days.

People who know me would know how much I love cheese. Being a vegetarian anyway leaves me with very less choices. So, cheese forms a big part of my diet. And I think even if I was a non vegetarian, I would still be big on cheese. What attracted me to Lent was the idea of honing my will power and seeing that I am not dependent on anything - even if it is Cheese.

The past 10 days have been interesting - I tried new things. My set food items in my favourite restaurants had to change, so much so that I ended up having a pizza without cheese today.. My maternal aunt always said that we should never become so dependent on anything that we feel we cannot live without it. I think that was my love for cheese. But lent really made me break that perception! What are you giving up for Lent?

4 comments:

René said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
René said...

An interesting idea that I recently about lent is about our digital consumption: Could we for example go for 40 days without Facebook or our mobile phones. At least for me, this would be more challenging. ;)

PS: Sorry about the deleted comment above. I have yet to figure out how to change that name (it was an experimental blog)

Mohit Manglik said...

All these small excercises ensures that you still have control over yourself!!!!!

Mohit Manglik said...
This comment has been removed by the author.