Thursday 15 April 2010

Some Lasts!!

Oh, the feeling when you are walking out after giving the Final Year Project (FYP) presentation! If for nothing else, all the year-long stress for FYP is totally worth when you have that feeling.. With that, the academic projects, presentations, reports, thesis also came to an end - atleast for next 3-4 years.. The projects had been a major part of the semester for all the students in NUS for the past 4 years.. While some were interesting, some were night-mares.. I did well in some, not so much in some and hardly bothered about some others.. Hopefully, this will also be an end to all the technical projects of my life.. Even in university, I enjoyed only the non-technical projects - the technical ones were usually a big pain and to be honest, I hardly learnt anything from most of them..

Another aspect of my university life came to end yesterday - Working in Development Office as a Student Ambassador for the Annual Giving Team. I have been a part of the AG team since December 2007. Wow, that has been really long. I did take a break every now and then but I used to go back.. I loved working there most of the times - opportunity to talk to alumni, building bonds with other students, supervisors. I was introduced to Mr. Harlan McMurray through the AG team only, and he has been a constant support in my university life.

I believe the feeling of this being the last time for a number of things has still not sunk in and I don't know if it ever will. There is also an excitement about what next, what does life hold for me, will I be able to live life like I have always dreamt or will I be under constant trial.. Still very unsure about the future but I guess I should stand by the belief - "If you get what you want, it is God's blessing! If you don't, then it is God's will and God's will is always better than our own want."

0 comments: