Monday 2 July 2007

Lights, Camera Rolling and Action!!!!

Alright, I don't want to sound immodest here to say that I am one of the Best Actresses I have ever known.... (Its not only in my opinion but in that of many others who have seen me act) Being in AIESEC made me realize that I am a good stand up comedian too and have the power to engage a large group of people for hours!!! *thank u, thank u But I never thought that I would be working with professionals in a movie clip in la-la land.... And above all, during my internship with the Singapore Compact for CSR!!! But it happened...

I was asked to reach office on time on Monday (And also, be very smartly dressed *do I not dress smartly everyday??)... When I reached the office, I was informed that the Singapore Business Federation is making a movie clip (5 min long) and they want me to act for them.... Whoa!!! How did these guys come to know about my acting abilities??

I said,"Alright" with the air of Angelina Jolie.... and came out of my cabin (Yes, I have been promoted from a cubicle to a cabin)... As soon as I stepped out Sally, Jenn, Allie and the Director (Jack) said unanimously, "Put some make up, atleast lipstick"...
"Sorry, I don't wear make up"

"She doesn't need one. Jack, you should see the shot, her face is made for the camera", said the camera man *hiks hiks, I am so touched..... I have not heard such flattering words in such flirting tone for full one and a half days.... Good Mr. Camera man (Oops, forgot to ask your name :( )

Anyways, we start shooting for scene 1, where I knock the door, enter the room and shake my hands with Phillis and we exchange cards and I sit and talk for a while.... Can you believe that the part where I enter the room was shot about 10 times before we moved further.... It took us 45 minutes to just shoot the perfect scene for my entry... Sometimes, Phillis blocked me, sometimes the way I opened the door wasn't perfect, sometimes, the way I leave the door wasn't perfect, sometimes I moved my left leg first, sometimes I looked as if I had come to kill Phillis.... Phew!! I pity poor actors and actresses.... But then I was enjoying every bit of it.... Then we moved on to shaking hands.... Gosh!!! I never paid attention to how I shake hands but my, my if you are acting you have to take care of so many intricate details.... Finally, scene 1 was shot in 4 and a half hours and length of that shot in the movie would be 2 min....

And then scene 2, for the remaining day... They didn't need me for scene 3 (length in the movie half a min) so I just ran out of the office.... I enjoyed every bit of it but I don't think I would ever make it my life long profession... I am a kind of person who needs change every moment and doing the same scene again and again is not my cup of tea....

I had always thought that it is so unfair that the actors get paid so much money but acting in this short movie clip, I understand the reason why it is so! I am happy not being an actress... :D

p.s. The movie will be screened on 2nd August in Singapore Business Federation's office. And the voice recording will be done when I will be in India, I just hope that the voice which is used for me matches my personality otherwise it will be hilarious

6 comments:

Quarter Past Seven said...

Wow wow!! Woo hoo...authograph? ;)

shubhangi said...

Take appointment from my secretary and I'll think about it!!!

But the problem is, You are my friend, Better-half, Secretary and anything I can think of.... :P

ETHA said...

cool ;) thats really interesting experience.
well i didn't know that it was 1st post in your blog. :D

Yh I really like this poem..and the presentation that they made just convey the message of this poem with such a accuracy ..simply awesome..

can u upload this video in utube?
How is ur holiday back home?
take care

Confused Soul said...

Wah wah!! I didn't know about your acting abilities.. Ragging main ki thi kya tumne? :P tum khud keh rahi ho ki tumhe actress nahi banna, warna main abhi bhagi chali aati autograph lene :P

Quarter Past Seven said...

aww..cho chweet.. *wiping tears*

Anonymous said...

People should read this.