Tuesday 26 August 2008

APGN Pre-meeting

Last year pre-meeting played a big role in deciding the direction of my IC XP, in instilling me with the high spirits that lasted through IC and in making some wonderful friends, so this year I was really looking forward to it. I just love the energy AP creates as a GN and makes sure that every member of the AP family gets immersed into this energy. The roll calls it showcases, the warmth it emits and the diversity it unites inspires me (and I am sure a lot of other people as well) and motivates me for giving my 100% to this GN and whatever I do in life. Another important aspect of Pre-meet which I simply love is the opportunity to talk about the hard-core AIESEC stuff with AIESECers from all the countries (at least most of them turn up for the pre-meet).

The most inspiring part of this year’s pre-meeting was the session on Talent Management run by Daz, the Talent Management Unit (TMU) Chair, exclusively for the VP Talent Management and Local Committee Presidents of the AP region. Those who know about my work life will definitely know that my topmost priority for this year’s IC was to develop a comprehensive Tracking template with quantitative and qualitative tracking. This session gave me very cool ideas about the tracking template and a lot of other things to motivate me to work harder. But the way the session was run by Daz really inspired and touched me through and through. I reached a new level of passion which I have never experienced before. I always thought that my passion for AIESEC is already at the maximum level possible, but I would say that this session proved me wrong.

Last year, I was thinking of heading for the future after my LCP term and go for the NOC programme of NUS. I remember very clearly that during Pre-meeting, something struck me and I decided that I will run for Vice President Talent Management. And here I am, Vice President Talent Management AIESEC Singapore 08/09. A similar thing happened to me this year during the pre-meeting. I thought that I will not be going to the exchange part of the AIESEC XP. The pre-meeting was very much focused on exchange and they presented Vijit Bhaiya’s case study. There I saw how my brother is not only impacting his life but also the lives of so many different people in both his internships in Poland and Austria. How people from all the countries come and ask me if I am Vijit’s sister! And ask if I am going to have the same kind of wholesome AIESEC XP. And this inspired me to finally decide that I will be going for an internship, even if its only DT for a couple of months. I will complete my AIESEC XP because that not only impacts my life but the lives of so many different people.

So with renewed energy and passion, I thought that I was prepared to experience AIESEC International Congress 2008 (Responsible Youth. Sustainable Future)

3 comments:

Ragu Kattinakere said...

I will remember it as a post with most acronyms, I have ever read :) I could not resist the temptation to leave a comment!

Vijit Hooda said...

Shubi my dear,

It is always a pleasure to read your blog and all ur stories and experiences....I do reflect upon my time in AIESEC and my initial years and urs are very similar to those...same emotions, same passion and same enjoyment, ofcourse being as brilliant as you are you are climbing the AIESEC ladder much faster...and thats the beauty of being in AIESEC I guess...

My case study is one of many, but I will give u my personal endorsement for an exchange...it changes ur opinions about a lot of things...so go for it! literally :)

Apart from AIESEC keep rokking the academic scene (lecture from the activity room of ur dorm, dont forget it) and as you know we are all extremely proud of u, and specially me!

Much love

Vijit

Vijit Hooda said...

Shubi my dear,

It is always a pleasure to read your blog and all ur stories and experiences....I do reflect upon my time in AIESEC and my initial years and urs are very similar to those...same emotions, same passion and same enjoyment, ofcourse being as brilliant as you are you are climbing the AIESEC ladder much faster...and thats the beauty of being in AIESEC I guess...

My case study is one of many, but I will give u my personal endorsement for an exchange...it changes ur opinions about a lot of things...so go for it! literally :)

Apart from AIESEC keep rokking the academic scene (lecture from the activity room of ur dorm, dont forget it) and as you know we are all extremely proud of u, and specially me!

Much love

Vijit