Saturday 30 August 2008

Why I love International Congress!

I just love AIESEC International Congress! There are several reasons for that of which I want to highlight the key ones:

  1. I get to be with over 700 people from 106 countries and all these people are passionate about things which usually people our age find fluffy - changing the world, fighting HIV/AIDS in Africa, creating more awareness, being culturally sensitive and leaving this place better than we found it.
  2. I am motivated to work even harder to achieve my AIESEC as well as personal goals.
  3. I get trained by the top management people of top brands about management and leadership.
  4. I get to dance all the AIESEC roll calls and learn some more.
  5. I get inspired to continue my AIESEC XP and to complete it by participating in every stage.
  6. I find value in my life and get the confidence back which kind of seeps away during the course of the year.
  7. I become closer to whichever team I am part of.
  8. I get to talk to people from such countries which no one can imagine and change my perception about those countries - this year, the country about which I learnt the most is Afghanistan
  9. I get to make friends who will last the lifetime
  10. I understand the importance of my friends back in Singapore and most importantly my family.
  11. I get to thank God! for whatever vegetarian food variety I get to eat.
  12. I get inspired to travel round the world.
  13. I get to see the cultures of different countries and specially of the hosting country.
  14. I find the value in the phrase - "I am an AIESECer"
Isn't is amazing to do all this at the age of '20' and be willing to give back to the world?

1 comments:

Siddharth said...

You surely do love your conferences.. and why shouldn't you? they give you such great opportunities to learn from the world and give it back some of your own knowledge.. :)
But don't forget the 'curse' associated with your International Conferences and most importantly, don't forget to 'stick' to the remedy suggested by Tarun and Me.. :)