Sunday 28 September 2008

I love you Nanu!!

Dear Nanu,

Just came to know that you have started your journey to heaven sometime back. I really regret not being able to talk to you before you went so far far away. Actually, I am really trying my best not to shed tears when you begin a new life, but then I realized that these tears are not because you left us, You are now free of all the pain of being human. These tears are because I didn't fulfill some of my promises to you, because I know you really wanted to see somethings, because now I have no one to say 'Desh bada gambhir hai' every 5-10 mins!

I know how much you wanted to come to Singapore and I promised that once I graduate, Nani and you can permanently shift to Singapore. All the passport issues which happened, when you applied for the passport after hearing this promise, they just show how much you wanted to see my life here. I am sorry that I can't fulfill that promise now.

I know how much you were waiting for me to go to US next year. That you have already announced to the whole Kosi about this, and I was so embarrassed when people were talking about it all the time. How you have shown anyone who is interested to, all the newspaper articles, all my cuttings, writings and anything at all. How happy you used to become when I got even a simple thing right! I used to get embarrassed when you used to tell everyone about it, but later I realized its just your way of showing how much you love me and are proud of all the little things I am doing.

I have heard and seen how great a father you are! And I realized that when mummy just couldn't talk today and passed the phone to Gudiya Mausi. You will be really missed Nanu, your pampering all your grandchildren will also be missed a lot. Ani-Apoorva, and Anu-Avi still have their Nanaji and Dadu with them, but Saloni and I have lost the 2 people who used to pamper us the most (Dadu and you).

And I just realized that I never thought that you will leave us, so I never told you that I love you!

Yours,
Shubhi

1 comments:

Cath said...

my condolences dear.. hugs:)