Wednesday 21 February 2007

Eklavya!!

Today was an extra-ordinary day, just for the simple reason that I woke up at 7:30 am (Ok, I might not sleep for 2-3 days at a stretch and be up at this time, but waking up at this time is certainly no longer my type....though earlier I used to wake up at 4 am).... Yesterday, I slept at around 2 am and today, at 7:30 am I got a message from Rene. He invited me to have breakfast with him... So ya, I got up and had BREAKFAST... Does breakfast still exist, I had a doubt!! But now I think it does. And I felt so happy to be an early bird again... :) Thanks Rene!!

After that we went to Boon Lay to collect his ticket to Penang, Malaysia. And then we went to NTU.... I met Alvin after such a long time!! I was so happy to meet him.... Yesterday only Pam n I were missing him!! Dei also came down to meet us.... We had a good time at NTU. We also took a quick tour of NTU.

Then I went for a movie, 'Eklavya' with Snigdha, Manavi and Komal.. It was a girl's day out!! Well, the movie is just awesome!! Its just so well directed and everybody has acted so well. I suggest everybody to watch it. Its centered around the theme of Righteousness.... Where the story makes you think what righteousness actually is!! Is it the set of rituals, values and principles written in some ancient scriptures or is it something which your soul agrees to carry out?? The movie gets you thinking.... The plot is also very well planned!! It reminded me of 'Omkara' in some respects... However, the story line is completely different in Eklavya!! It also poses a question regarding if 'Eklavya' in Mahabharata did the right thing by cutting his right thumb when his mentor asked him for that.. The concept of 'Dharma' was linked to the story... In all a good movie.. Serious but good!!

Then, Snigdha n I did some crazy things on the road which scared Komal n Manavi!! Komal scolded me even two hours after the incident!! But I am fine with it, I enjoyed what we did!! When we reached NUS, Komal realized that her wallet was missing!! We called Jade... Fortunately, they found it!! Then we had our NUS SASS (South Asian Studies' Society) meeting from 8-10. By the way, I am the Assistant Publicity Head for the society. Tomorrow and Day after, we will organize Cricket Matches in NUS!! So ya...., Tomorrow again I will have to wake up early!! Around 6 am....Thats bad!! :(

0 comments: