Monday 19 February 2007

Tarang 2007!!

NUS, NUS, NUS, NUS, NUS!!!!!!

Oh! I can still hear the cheers in my mind!! NUS emerged as the winners of Tarang 2007!! Well, for the benefit of those who do not know what 'Tarang' is- It is an annual Inter-University, Intra Indian community competition..(Confusing but this is the most concise explanation I could give!).. And ya... all the three universities (NUS, NTU n SMU) participate in it!

The NUS band (formally Peroxide but for today's event High Peroxide or Hyperoxide... I am not too sure) was simply amazing.. Not to forget the Indian music band.. They were just so amazing!! I think we could see the effort they had put in! After all, it was worth it!!The dances were also quite enjoyable, and even people who did not understand HINDI enjoyed every bit of it!! Which is an achievement in itself :)

However, I think that the most amazing thing about Tarang was that I went out with my group after such a long time (Though Siddharth Bhaiya was missing).. But it was simply amazing to be with them.. Most of the people I like were with me!! A very very special thanks to Dei for taking out time to come down!! You really are the BEST MENTOR in the world!! :D

In all, it had been a long but a very enjoyable day.... And I enjoyed the 'Sandal Fight' too!!

Also, today is the first day of Chinese New Year!!! Happy CNY to all!!
Well, just a thought- during the CNY, everything in Singapore is closed, even G Mart!! This is diametrically opposite to what happens in India... Remember, during Deepavali the shops open 24X7 for about a week...
The idea of closing down everything during CNY is that people spend time with their families, which is actually the real joy in life!! I think only people like me who are so far away from their families would understand its significance!! Oh, suddenly I am feeling so home-sick, so I shall stop writing the blog and have a good sleep.... SLEEP after all is the best Nurse!! And you can always dream of being in your home!! I really don't know when I will be in my HOME the next time!! Ooooohhhhh...suddenly I am feeling so weak, so vulnerable, so "I don't know what"!!!

Good Night!!!

0 comments: