Friday 22 February 2008

Hello Miracle!!!

When I was thinking of a Title for this post I was actually confused whether I should call it 'Hello Miracle' or 'Hello Death'... But I wanted to make the context of it powerful rather than scary... And i am writing this post from the context of being 'Powerful'.

So, before we go into my experience, I have a couple of questions:
Have you guys ever come face to face with death?
Have you wondered what all can pass through your minds in a matter of split seconds when you come face to face with death?

It happened to me once on 5th August, 2003 when my life and I were changed for ever!
It happened to me again today, 22nd February, 2008!

I was happily talking to Sai while on board the bus to our Systems and Control Laboratory! We were at the NUS Business School Bus stop when I saw a huuuuuuuuuuuge crane fall. It ripped the Bus Stop apart and cut a tree which tried to block its way! I was on the window seat towards the side where the crane fell and was about 5 m away from the spot where it fell!

But my intention to write this post is not to point out the carelessness of management or set chill down people's spine. My intention is to have a greater conversation which goes beyond all these things.

The first thing which I did after coming to my senses was to say a small prayer thanking God that no one was hurt! And then I just reflected on my thoughts at the time I knew it was coming. I so wanted to tell my Mom that she is the most important person in my life and tell my sis that my love for her has no limits! To tell my Dad that I am proud of him and I love him.

I was thinking that there is some greater purpose attached to my life which I haven't found and fulfilled yet! Life is almost like a present to me now... And I promise you, wherever you are, whoever you are, I am committed to being love, integrity, self expression and happiness for you!

I love life and I love you!

2 comments:

non compos mentis said...

thats a great thought... god bless u... im happy u weren't hurt...

chikku :)

shubhangi said...

@chikku

Thanks a lot! God Bless you too...

Cheers
Shub:)