Thursday 27 November 2008

New face of terror!

I just returned after giving my exam and was complaining that it didn't go upto my expectations, when I read the news just to destress a bit. And I read about the Mumbai gun attacks. Over 100 people have been killed and more than 300 are injured. There has been havoc in the entire city. With the terrorists still in the Taj mahal Palace Hotel and Oberoi Trident and the firing still on, no one can say what the final toll will be.

Actually, this is a new face of terror in India. Till now there have been bomb attacks. But now, the terrorists are coming out in the open, carrying out gun battles with the security forces. Does this mean that the security of the country is failing terribly??

I can never understand how people can get ready to kill other innocent people just to induce terror in a country. I pray for the souls of the dead to rest in peace, the ones captivated to come out safe and the families of the victims to bear the pain with full strength. This act of terror might trigger other acts of terror. I hope that no one kills others to revenge this act.

ps. England cricket team's ongoing tour of India has been cancelled following Mumbai terror attacks

0 comments: