Tuesday 25 May 2010

See you soon!!

Today Flora is leaving for Sweden.. She had been a friend, a confidante, a partner-in-crime and an excellent care-taker.. The times when I had felt home-sick, she had been there for me to just sit and talk and laugh and take out all the frustration.. She made my stay here bearable for the first few days and fun for the rest.. All the times we had sneaked from work to go to Karen town on lame excuses and enjoying ourselves in a slightly developed society made me look forward to work everyday..

Somehow, the friendships which I have formed at the times of need have been the strongest.. May be because they have already passed the test of the age-old saying "A friend in need is a friend indeed".. And the other group of close friends I have are the ones with whom I have traveled around.. Flora is a combination of both and therefore, even more special..

We already have made plans of coming back to East Africa on a vacation and traveling around in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda.. Thats why when she was leaving, I didn't say Good Bye.. I said, "See you soon"

2 comments:

Flora said...

Hey love, I'm safely back in Sweden..:D Miss you already!! Enjoy the most for me in Kenya and have lots of fun! :D <3

shubhangi said...

Hey Sweetheart!
Good to know that you are back safe :)

I am having fun with the other interns.. Have become very good friends..

Love!