Wednesday 11 April 2007

Pojjiee!!!!

I remember one of my Value Education lessons in Std 12 (JC 2) very vividly when my Principal, Sr. Aloysius, asked us which is our favourite word.... There was a huge variety of answers ranging from Mom, God, Studies, Love and laughter and so on.... And then Rashika said that she likes Uji because Adi-Dia (Her newly born twin siblings) call her by that name.. Quite true, isn't it??

The names by which different people call us are perhaps the most important words for us.. Imagine you are in a huge gathering (doing whatever) and somebody calls out your name(may be somebody else with your name) but you definitely respond to that, don't you? By name I don't just mean the registered English or Chinese names but your nick names as well...

I consider myself very very lucky to have a large number of nick names...And mind you, the inventors have the copyrights for each name.. I try my best that these rights are not violated.. ;)

Shubhangi - The World
Shubhi - Family
Sia - Ma
Shubbie - Pam and (Sometimes) Imran
Shube - Daddu (Now nobody after he died, and I won't allow anybody to call me this)
Shubbie Doobie Doo - Vijit Bhaiya (Inspired by Scooby Dooby Doo)
Subi - Jain Uncle
Shub - Originally Imran, now the whole AIESEC world and my non-Indian friends..
Shub Bangs, Shub Bangs - Dei
Shub-bung-bung - Ker Ying
Shub Shub - Nabeel, Henri
Shu - Cecilia
Didichu - Saloni
Daughter - Imran
Mentee - Dei
Sis - Udit Bhaiya, Devika
Boss - Paul
Buddy - Alvin
Partner - Pam
Mate - Alvin
Moti - Rashika
Saawariya - Snigdha (with dance) and Komal
Circuit (pronounced as cir cute) - Snigdha, Komal and Manavi
Fauji - Siddharth Bhaiya

Recently, one more name has been added to this list :

Pojjiee (pronounced as Pauji) by Snigdha...

I think this is one of the cutest names I have been given.... And the way she says it.. Just like a small kid calling her loved ones... So many feelings take hold of me when she calls me by this name!!

Each of these names is so very special to me... I love each of them... :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and I shall try to stick to "Shub" as well... ;-)

shubhangi said...

Haha, yes!!

:)

Milind said...

I don't know who are you? But you have given answer to the old question - What's in name? Indeed very interesting article on name and nicknames.

Nabeel K said...

ALRIGHT!! Shub Shub, Shub Shub is official then. It's all shub shub! :D

shubhangi said...

Thanks Milind!!
However, your blog is inaccessible :(

Yup Nabeel!! Its official...

Won said...

i wrote shubbie on your sugarcube!
i like that the best i think.