Tuesday 29 May 2007

After a long period of procrastination!!

I was tagged by Komal in February! But had been procrastinating since then, but finally decided to finally answer it!

Three things that scare me:

  • Hurting the people I love specially my Ma: This is the thing which scares me the most. Now, if you had asked me the same question 5-6 months before, I would have said hurting people. But then I realized that I can't possibly care about the whole world and in any case, it hurts a lot when you care too much.... So, care only about the people who you love and also who love you :)
  • Reptiles: Eeeeewwwww!!!! I am not actually scared of them but I can't stand them :... Aiyah, their scaly skin and too shiny eyes and they keep on wriggling the whole time! Aiye haiye!
  • Pixi: Hahahaha! Imran might have expected this answer.... His mentor, Attila, is the only human of whom I am scared. He (Pixi) ,perhaps, knows that also. So, whenever Attila and I meet I am tortured!! (I didn't say he tortures me, its just I get self tortured :P)

Three people who make me laugh:

  • Komal: Seriously speaking....hahahahahahahaha!!! Sometimes I feel that if somebody hears what all we talk about, we would be deported back to India :P. We are very random and too open!! So, you can imagine us speaking our hearts out...
  • Snigdha: Wazzzzzzaaaaaaaaa?? My Snuggy.... Hehe!! She can make me laugh any time.....even when I am crying..hehe!! Her Saawariya and Suami theory... and saapadiya.... uff uff, the list is long!
  • Dei: Oh, my mentor is the best mentor definitely but he is also the craziest mentor! Its not only his lame jokes and funny talks, but his actions and and expressions in general are also very funny... And I am laughing most of the time I am talking to him...

Three things I love :

  • AIESEC: My first LOVE.... We love you AIESEC deep down in our hearts!! AIESEC has given me a purpose in life, my friends or you can say that it has given me LIFE!!!! People often tell me that I don't have a life because of AIESEC, what if I say that my life is only AIESEC! (I just can't explain what all AIESEC has given me)
  • Dance: Known as the Dancing Queen in the AIESEC network..haha!! Inherited from my Daddy (Imran) and trained by my Mentor. And anyways, dance is a type of a stress buster for me! I can release all my tension by dancing... Learning Lindy Hop right now!! Hehe!
  • Communicating: YESSS, I am a hard core Gemini in this aspect! I love talking, chatting, orkutting, mailing, facebooking, calling, even through body language!! I just love expressing myself and I love it when people can express themselves to me :)

Three things I hate:

  • Being late: I hate when people (including myself) are late for meetings, outings, in meeting deadlines or anything at all! I just can't stand it... Uff uff, even the idea makes me angry :P
  • Disrespect to Women: I hate it to the extent that sometimes I can be passed as a feminist! I can hate guys like anything for this and I make it quite clear wherever I go that I won't tolerate male chauvinism. Ask me, all these male chauvinist pigs should be beaten up and I won't mind doing the honours!! Hehe!
  • No Values: I feel that these people can easily pass off as animals... I mean if you do not have the strength of character then what makes you different.... Unfortunately, most of the people fall into this criteria... But I console myself by saying that they have an entirely different set of values!! (I don't understand that! I mean a smoker knows that smoking is bad but still wouldn't stop it....so does he embrace the value of harming himself) Too complicated.....haha!!
Three things I don't understand :
  • Why am I so determined to fight an already LOST battle? : Am I too optimistic? Am I actually ruining my life and the future prospects by doing so? But whatever it is, I have high hopes of still winning this battle.... Har Din mera hoga!!!! Ganbatte ne!
  • Why am I always so busy? : Ok, I know that I have taken up a lot of work but no matter how hard I try, I can't take out time for myself! Haven't done that for ages.... :P Even if I take a day off :(
  • AIESEC : I don't think anyone can claim to understand AIESEC completely. But that makes it such a perfect organization :D

Three things on my desk :

  • My laptop (can't live without it)
  • Water: I drink a lot of water, a lot a lot a lot
  • My Family's photo (Ma, pa and saloni) : They are my life!

Three things I am doing now :

  • Thinking about the millions of things I have to do
  • Updating blog
  • Chatting

Three things I want to do before I die :

  • Give my Ma everything she wants
  • Learn a lot of things-the list is too long!
  • Start a revolution in India for the betterment of the coming generations :)

Three things I can do :

  • Work for days by sleeping only 3 hours (or even less) a day : Have done that quite a number of times.
  • Fight for the right thing : I am really proud of my this ability. I can stand up against things I don't believe in and won't do anything against my principles. Most people tend to be diplomatic and then back stab. As far as I am concerned, you'll get it on yuor face and then can rest assure that we can be friends again. I don't like the wrong deed not the person who did it :)
  • Be Honest and Genuine : Another thing I am very proud of. I am absolutely genuine about my feelings and won't proclaim my love or guilt unless I mean it. If you can't be genuine to yourself about your feelings, you probably are not LIVING your life, just breathing to survive.

Three things you should listen to :

  • Mum's advice : Seriously speaking, if you really listen to and follow your mum's advice, there won't be any problem at all. But how many times do we actually do so?? I don't do it very often but always regret not doing so!!!!! However, we need to explore life ourselves too...isn't it??
  • Your Heart : I am among those type of people who listen to the heart. Brain is too selfish. Listening to the brain might help you gain materialistic success earlier but your real success comes when you follow your heart. Each of us has taken birth for a special purpose and I feel that our heart knows that purpose, if only we could listen to it! And in any case, following your heart gives more satisfaction than listening to the mind.
  • Music : Duh huh!! But here i am not only referring to the music in albums, bhajans, movies etc etc. I am referring to the sound of birds chirping, waterfalls, your friend humming while bathing in the cubilcle next to yours ;), rains, even someone snoring..hehe! Listen listen listen.... even to the people talking (will give you a different perspective about things and life at large)

Three things you should never listen to :

  • Your friends' criticism : Do it in front of me and be ready to get brutally snubbed. I mean I would definitely listen to the areas where he/she can improve and would love to facilitate the improvement. But dare you say something disrespectful or just for gossip thing, and I won't care who you are! And I feel that if you consider someone your friend you should stand up for that person (I am assuming that we are talking with regards to a civilized society where people don't arrow at families)
  • People who don't practise what they preach : Oh!!! I know a number of these kind of people and got into a lot of trouble in my first sem trying to listen to them. Seriously, since they don't do what they say, they don't know the consequences of it and then you are trapped, darling. And the best comes when these are the first people to point out how wrong you were in doing the thing (Weren't they the ones who "advised" you to do the thing????) And honey, before you realize, you have made a fool of yourself :(
  • Gossip : As Bart Simpson has rightly pointed out, you can hear all the gossip (Hehe) but no need to listen to it!!!!

Three things I'd like to learn :

  • Martial Arts : It has been more than 5 years since I first got the feeling of learning martial arts but thanks to the series of fractures, muscle pulls and ligament tears, I am still at square one. But its high time now that I take up the challenge and join a CCA which teaches martial arts!! Yay!!
  • Horse Riding : Another thing which has been on my To-Be-Learnt list for years now. But I think that it will have to wait for some more years to be striked off!! :(
  • Other languages : I think this can never leave my To-Be-Learnt list. I am progressing though. I have started learning Mandarin now. And also have picked up quite a bit of Singlish and a bit of Bahasa Indonesia :)

Three Favourite Foods:

  • Anything cooked by Mum : I miss it like anything over here.... Can't wait to be back home in July (only for 2 weeks....Buhuhu)!! But I'll eat eat eat and eat and then become FAT!!!!!! No leh, Mum's food doesn't make you fat, it just makes you HEALTHY!
  • Gol Guppe (Water Balls for those who don't know) : Aaahhhh!! The super spicy water mixed with sweet sauce (meethi chutney).....stuffed in the crispy balls which are stuffed with potatoes!! Ummmm Ummmmmmm Ummmmmmmmmm!! Those who haven't eaten this are missing out on life!
  • Pesambur : Latest favourite added less than a week ago. It is a Malay dish! Probably I like it so much coz I hadn't eaten proper food for 2-3 days and this was the only vegetarian dish available!!! So, yeah!! But I like the peanut sauce :)

Three beverages I drink regularly:

  • Milo : I just love it.... Its so good! Can drink any variety - Favourite being Milo Dinosaur and Ice Milo!! Drink it throughout the day in the office (Free Flow of Hot Milo....Yippee!!!!)
  • Carrot Juice : Drank it like anything, everyday, every meal, every opportunity :)! But haven't drunk it since I started work... Will drink soon :)
  • Milk Shakes : I love them... Most of the time they serve as my dinner :)

Three TV shows I watched as a kid:

  • Cartoons : I watched any thing in animated form. You could see me watch any cartoons even the dumb ones like Johny Bravo and The pink and the Brain. I still can watch all cartoons all the time. I watched the Tiny Tots cartoon (Bob the Builder, Noddy and Flipper) at the age of 17 (it is for children below the age of 3...hehe) And I remember that I fought with my Mum who scolded me when I was desperate to watch Pokemon one day before my 12th Boards exam. I love cartoons...... Thats why I am so innocent....hehe!
  • Mythological/Historical Serials : I still can watch them. Increases your knowledge about the past and your religious beliefs. And they are fun :)
  • Supernatural Serials : Ok, now some were really dumb (Shaktiman and Alif Laila) but I loved them and still do. But some were really nice.... I liked Captain Vyom very much :)

Three books I read as a kid:

  • Famous Five : I think that I got into the habit of reading because of these books. I have read almost all and now my sister is about to finish the series.... I just love them!! They are so much fun :)
  • Archie's : I was six when I got my first Archie's.... and now, I have not parted from this series of comics :)
  • Harry Potter : I have all the six (Have read each 2-3 times and can score an A++++++ if I sit in a Harry Potter exam) Waiting desperately for the 7th one. Have already asked Ma to book it for me. Will be in India when the book releases :)

Three people I would love to tag:

  • Sharon (Boss)
  • Imran (Daddy)
  • Ddee

Finally, I have answered!!

2 comments:

Quarter Past Seven said...

Achha sa, bada sa comment! :D likh diya.. happy?! :P

haha..waise if people were to hear us talk they would send us away. Yesterday was crazy..! don't you think?

And I know you hate being late.. that's why we reach office so early everyday :P

I don't know what pesambur is..maybe you can make me try one day..

yup
:)

Ddee said...

OMG...I am soooo late. I didn't realize you tagged me on this. Biggest apology.

Will post this up when I got em done haha thanks muchie!

Have fun in India