Tuesday 29 May 2007

Bad Result!!!! Hurrah!!!!

Ok, now I am not a self-depricating person but sometimes you need a change in life.....don't you?? So, this time I preferred to have a lot of changes (which were not good) in my life!! You can say that the past 5 months were the worst 5 months of my life (with the maximum amount of pain endured - physical, emotional, mental)... I don't deny that there were a few good things as well!! Anyhow, this pain is now complete with me doing badly in my exams....hehe!! I like to complete things! Even though this was the least expected from me....

Ok lor, I was sad coz one of my deeply cherished dreams was apparently shattered but when I realised that it was only "Apparent", I am kind of enjoying getting bad grades (actually bad in only one subject and my CAP is still ok leh :( )....

So, I tell my mum about my grades and can you guess what her reaction was????

She said, " Hurrah!! Congrats on getting a bad grade first time in your life! So, how does it feel?"
"Mum, I am not joking! I have really got a bad grade". "I know beta, people like you can't joke about their grades :P. But don't you think that you should experience a bad grade also?"
"Hmmm.... yes! May be! I don't know! I don't quite like it!"
And then my mum said, "There are people who see ups and downs in life as Successes and Failures. I would not like to see you like those people. I would like to see you like a person who sees Ups and downs as Successes and Learning points. This is my personal desire! So girl, just cheer up and learn from your mistakes. Enjoy getting a bad grade.... just party tonight! However, get your priorities right! Just reconsider what you want from life and then work for it! I am sure whatever you want, you will get! And I am always there for you! I surely won't like my daughter to be troubled by such momentary things"

"Thanks Ma! I promise that next sem I will not settle for anything I don't deserve! Hurrah! I have got a bad grade!"

2 comments:

Quarter Past Seven said...

I knew you had updated..and I knew this is what you would have written about..lol :)

Unknown said...

haha....we know each other too well!!